With over 10,000 licenses sold and
consistent ratings above 4 stars Speech Central is one of the leading global text-to-speech brands. It was nominated for
the best iOS accessible app in 2017 on AppleVis, the leading authority in the field of accessibility on Apple
appPicker: "... is a game-changer, and is slowly transforming my life..."
The app implements state of the art features for voice readers:
◦ The best in class support for the web sites / news reading.
- listen to the all web pages - both articles and headlines (first ever) supported
- RSS feeds
- import from any app that can share a link like Safari or Twitter
- open articles from headline pages
- sync articles with Pocket
◦ The widest support for documents/office and e-book formats
◦ Knowledge and text annotation tools built-in
◦ Export the text with annotations to the .docx format (Microsoft Office format - ISO standard supported by most apps)
◦ Export the text to the audio file
◦ Sync playlist items across Apple devices including with the iOS app and the current position in the text.
◦ The app is tested to be accessible with VoiceOver by legally blind users. Bookshare, an accessible online library is integrated into the app.
◦ The widest selection of keyboard shortcuts to control the speed and position of how the text is read aloud.
◦ OCR function to import the from the scanned PDF
◦ The app can be used with any of 27 languages that have text-to-speech support on macOS, and all major languages are supported for the full automatic recognition.
Supported document types are: PDF (including scanned documents), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx), OpenOffice/LibreOffice (.odt, .odp), .html, .txt, .rtf, supported ebook formats are .epub, DAISY and .fb2 and emails in .eml format. All those formats will work only if a document has no DRM.
Reinvent your life, if you are busy cut the time you spend in front of the screen and listen to the news articles, documents and e-books while you are doing housework or even commuting and jogging (by using the audio files).
For people with visual impairments and disabilities like dyslexia this can be a great helper and assistive technology.
Get the app now and enjoy the most convenient text-to-speech! Don't forget to check Speech Central for iOS - it has a free tier.
You may consider to buy Labsii Suite on the Mac App Store where for slightly higher price you get the license for all 4 of our apps in the Store.
* DRM protected books are locked to their respective vendor apps to protect the copyright and cannot be imported into the app
* scanned PDF are supported only on macOS Catalina.
*macOS High Sierra 13.6 contains the bug that prevents the app to create the longer audio files (it doesn't affect the reading just the option to create audio files). Other versions of macOS are not affected