Sync Folders is a free version of the
popular Sync Folders Pro utility.
The app is an easy-to-use for beginners, has the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
Sync Folders is perfect for folder synchronization on the external storage devices including:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.) With each resynchronization, the app finds and copies only new files and new file versions, thereby reducing synchronization time and extending the life of your storage devices.
The app can synchronize two folders "on the fly" using our "REAL TIME SYNC" technology, automatically or manually. The Sync Folders also provides robust tools to filter files and folders so that you sync exactly what you want.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem! Sync Folders has been optimized to work with extremely large number of files. Sit back and relax, your data is being automatically synced!
The app supports bidirectional synchronization!
Read the App Store reviews from 22 countries on our website! Customers are excited about the application, and we pride the customer support service. Please, contact us with any questions, we are very happy to provide quick answers and make the app better for you.
Install another our great product, VPN Server Configurator, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from anywhere in the world!
Learn more at www.greenworldsoft.com.
Do you have questions?
Please watch our helpful video tutorial on our website.
- Select 2 folders to synchronize.
- Select the synchronization mode, or use the default mode. You do not need to worry about other settings, they are set to the recommended.
- Click the "Sync current task" button and your folders will be synchronized!
Set up an instant synchronization of documents between employees of your organization using the "REAL TIME SYNC" mode.
Employees will always have the latest version of the documents for work.
This mode allows you to instantly sync documents in folders with a large number of files.
It works for 10.8 and later.
- 2 modes of synchronization.
- 4 file comparison modes allow to synchronize files on the storage devices with different file systems (OS X, FAT32, etc.)
- Ability to select what package types synchronize as files, and which as folders.
- You can transform the app to the convenient file manager using powerful filters for files and folders and writing your own copy script.
- Synchronization over the network. The ability to automatically connect network folders before synchronization.
- The ability to disconnect network folders after synchronization automatically.
- Protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices (folders) during synchronization.
- Saving the last/all versions of files to be deleted. Using this mode, you can always restore deleted files, even if folders have synchronized several times.
- Quick view the latest changes in synchronized folders.
- Ability to log events. You can filter events by type, task, status. Ability to export the event log to an external file.
- Ability to send event log by e-mail in case of synchronization errors.
- Writing your own copy scripts, for example:
- Copy all non-synced files to selected folder before copying.
- Copying files using Unix commands: cp, rsync ...
The main difference from the similar apps on the App Store:
- Real bidirectional synchronization. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
- Faster synchronization of the large folders.
- "REAL TIME SYNC" mode.
- 4 synchronization statuses in the "Menu Bar".
Many thanks to falconexe for his ongoing help with the English translation!