Editing files in Teamwork Projects is now
made easier with the Teamwork Projects Document Editor. Users can edit their files in just one single click. You no
longer have to leave your site to edit a document and re-upload - Our Document Editor does this for you.
The Document Editor supports all editable file types provided that you already have an editor for the specific file. For example, if you want to edit a .psd file you need to have Photoshop installed. The Document Editor then acts as an intermediary that launches the original file editor.
How it works:
Once a user (with editing permissions) on Teamwork Projects clicks to edit a file, we’ll download it automatically and open the file on your Mac. Make whatever edits are necessary to the file, hit save and the edited file is automatically uploaded as a new version. The old version will still be available.
Installing the Document Editor:
• Document Editor can only be enabled by an admin on the site
• Go to the site settings, then to the integrations tab and enable the Document Editor
• When this has been enabled, all users with editing permissions will see the edit option
• Clicking in this will open the download option for Mac
• Once downloaded it works immediately.
The Document Editor is available on the Small Office, Professional and Business Plans.