Traffic is a simple utility that allows you
to monitor the inbound/outbound data from your Mac Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection.
In particular, the application is useful for those that use a 3G/4G connection with a daily/weekly/monthly limit of traffic (GB bundle) that should not be exceeded to avoid paying additional costs.
- check the connection stream (total/download/upload in MB) and the connection speed (download/upload in MB/s or Mb/s);
- check all the Wi-Fi /Ethernet parameters (SSID, IP Address, MAC Address, Router IP, BSD Name, BSSID, Country, Channel, Band, Width, Security, PHY, Rate, RSSI, Noise, Boot date, Reset date, Amount, Speed);
- set the counter's preferences (automatically reset every day, week, month, never, at logout or at specified date);
- set an offset value at the counter;
- pause/restart/reset the counter;
- check the speed graph in real-time.
To get an accurate report of the traffic data, add it in the list of applications launched at login (System Preferences->Users and Groups->Current User->Login Items).
Note: this app monitors the inbound/outbound data of your Mac Wi-Fi/Ethernet device and not the router device (the results can be different by those verified with many free web services).