The 'Always On' VPN solution for
VPN Monitor is a status bar application to immediately reconnect a dropped VPN connection.
The 'Always On' VPN solution for macOS - limits your VPN downtime to the absolute minimum!
*** Specifications ***
- Reconnects VPN services from 'System Preferences -> Network'
- Able to reconnect L2TP & Cisco IPSec
- Able to reconnect PPTP (only on macOS 10.11 or earlier)
- Unable to reconnect IKEv2 (due to macOS restrictions), however able to detect a dropped IKEv2 connection and reconnect to L2TP/IPSec
*** Features ***
- Auto connect at App startup
- Safe network (standby on trusted networks)
- Fallback feature to skip unresponsive VPN servers
- Temporary disconnect
- Heartbeat (2nd layer of security)
- HUD panel with uptime, downtime, reconnects, speed
- Desktop notifications
- Energy saving option
- Rotate VPN connection
Note: VPN Monitor will not block outgoing traffic while the VPN connection is down.
*** Important ***
VPN Monitor does not include a VPN service/subscription.
VPN Monitor is not a macOS VPN replacement or protocol.
At least one 'default' VPN service should be manually configured under 'System Preferences > Network'. See VPN Monitor's built-in help for details on correct VPN configuration.
*** Operation ***
VPN Monitor gets notified of changes in macOS network connection status and immediately takes the required actions. Its intelligent connect, reconnect and fallback approach ensures carefree operation. There is no CPU intensive 'status polling' involved (as in AppleScripts or other Apps).
VPN Monitor is completely ad-free, safe and private.
If you like this app, please take some time to rate it.