A Bridge Between the Old and New X
X³: Albion Prelude plays in a time between the old and the new X Universe. It shows a universe in flux, and prepares players for things to come. The old X Universe is passing; a new X Universe is about to be created.
The X universe is undergoing a period of massive change. What started as a conflict of interest between the Earth and the races of the X Universe has now escalated into a full scale war. Play a part in a war scenario bigger than anything the X Universe has ever seen before!
Corporations Compete for Control of the Future
With the war as a backdrop, corporations are vying for power and are driving the X Universe in a new direction. A technological breakthrough will soon allow massive accelerators, forming highways in space and allowing the economy to expand on an unprecedented scale. Highways, a key feature of X Rebirth, are not yet ready, but you can see them being built and participate in the power struggles around the construction of much larger self sustaining economies.
- New native MacOS port, fully supported by EgoSoft.
- Achievements through Game Center.
- A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war
- More than 30 new ships and stations
- New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
- Improved graphics quality setting for high end machines
- Improved UI introducing charts to visualize economic developments
- Note: X3: Albion Prelude is not be compatible with save-games from X3: Terran Conflict.
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
MacOS: 10.7 (Lion)
CPU: Intel 2 GHz or faster
RAM: 2 GB
GPU: 256MB OpenGL 2.0+ discrete NVIDIA/AMD card or Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hard Disk space: 10GB