There’s a new, engaging way to learn and apply your knowledge of science in a dynamic environment. Learn by doing and see the impact of being involved in what you learn.
Test your skills at determining the magnitude and direction of the net force when two parallel or perpendicular forces act on an object such as a truck or a ship. Plot vectors on a coordinate plane and discover the result of combining them.
• Complete interactive exercises with parallel and perpendicular forces.
• Draw vectors on a coordinate plane to show the magnitude and direction of the net force acting on an object.
• Figure out how to resolve a vector into its x- and y-components.
• Apply the Pythagorean theorem to resolve net forces.
• See how tugboats pulling a ship can illustrate the combination of force vectors.
|AC Physics: Combining Parallel and Perpendicular Forces|
|AC Biology: Phototropism in Plants|
|AC Biology: Mendel’s Experiment|
|AC Life Science: Muscles and Pinocchio’s Arm|
|AC Biology: Biological Adaptations - Bird Beaks|
|AC Biology: Identifying Cancerous Cells|
|AC Biology: The Effect of Temperature on Enzyme Activity|
|AC Biology: Introduction to Classification|
|AC Life Science: Making Sperm and Eggs: Meiosis|
|AC Biology: Diffusion|
|AC Life Science: Genetic Inheritance in People|
|AC Biology: Factors Influencing Photosynthesis: Carbon Dioxide|
|AC Biology: Osmosis|
|AC Biology: Plant Survival: The Xeriscape Garden|
|AC Life Science: Agent Organelles|
|AC Biology: Digestive System|
|AC Biology: Chemosynthesis|
|AC Life Science: The Nucleus and Control of a Cell: Hämmerling’s Experiment with Algae|
|AC Life Science: The Nervous System|
|AC Life Science: DNA Structure|
|AC Biology: Pangaea: Image of Earth 250 Million Years Ago|