OpDir allows you to better organize and search your file and URL content. You can create your own categories and
then put your content into one or more of these categories. You can also attach rich text comments to each item allowing
you to better manage your files and URLs.
* New to version 2.0 are levels which add hierarchical organization
* Container for files and directories spread anywhere on the PC or SkyDrive
* URLs can also be contained
* Items in the container can be categorized to further organize the content
* Each content element can be annotated with rich text
* Features to more precisely target searches, including file content and comments
The tool augments the built-in hierarchical file structure by allowing content from anywhere on the system and URLs
to be gathered in as its content, operating like a virtual directory. Everyone can find a use for OpDir.
* Music or video lovers can organize and categorize their content in multiple ways. For example, you can create an OpDir that categorizes albums into one or more categories of your choosing. A movie might be both an action movie and a love story and you can categorize it as such. Categories can be for artist, genre, year, director, or anything!
* Project leaders can capture files pertinent to multiple projects in various ways. For example by file type, by project type, by company, etc.
* Researchers can collect URLs and local files into an OpDir and categorize this content in multiple ways. For example, if a URL deals with more than one aspect of a topic, it can be put into categories that reflect this.
* OpDir also provides a 'desktop' view that allows you to place icons anywhere on the canvas, just like the Windows 7 desktop.