Try before you buy: Find the dictionary app you really need – with the free PONS Dictionary Library.
Are you interested in a PONS dictionary app but don’t want to spend money after viewing just a small number of screenshots? Why not simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library?
This is where you can test all PONS dictionary apps for English, French, Greek, Italian, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish in all price categories.
If you think you’ve found your perfect dictionary, you can purchase this chargeable app directly in the Dictionary Library – simply by clicking.
Dictionary apps available in the PONS Dictionary Library (in-app purchase):
Ideal for everyday, travel and leisure use (the most important vocabulary)
100,000–120,000 keywords, phrases & translations
Languages: German - English, German - French, German - Italian, German - Spanish, German - Portuguese, German - Russian
Ideal for students from 5th grade up to graduation
120,000 - 130,000 keywords, phrases & translations
Languages: English - German, French - German, Spanish - German, Latin - German
Ideal for everyday, leisure and business use (medium-sized vocabulary)
285,000–295,000 keywords, phrases & translations
Languages: German - English, German - French, German - Italian, German - Spanish, English - Polish, German - Polish, English - Russian, German - Russian, German - Turkish
Ideal for everyday, university, business (large vocabulary)
338.000 - 775.000 keywords, phrases & translations
Languages: English - German, French - German, Italian - German, Spanish - German
Ideal for professional users (the most comprehensive vocabulary collection that PONS has to offer)
685.000 - 930.000 keywords, phrases & translations
Languages: English - German, French - German, Italian - German, Spanish - German, German – Greek
The PONS Dictionary German spelling is the unbeatable app for German spelling with 140,000 keywords.
These are the functions of the apps:
• Everything at a glance: from the App home page you can access the search field, and search hits, your favourites and history – without having to switch between different views.
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click/tap (for uninflected words). Access linked entries, equally with just one click/tap.
• With the full-text search you can look through the entire dictionary text. Find sample sentences with ease.
• Search for keywords in any form you like, declined or conjugated). Available for English, German, French, Spanish, Russian.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers. Available for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish.
• Frequently used words can be marked as favourites.
• Thanks to the History function you can access words you have already looked up with just one click or tap.
• The dynamic layout means that the app can be used on all kinds of different screen sizes.
• The docking feature enables two apps to be positioned side by side and run at the same time (Snap view or Fill view).
• Pin to Start function for pinning any dictionary from Library to Start menu
• ADVANCED and SCHOOL dictionaries: Decide for yourself how extensively you’d like a dictionary entry to be displayed: show and hide phrases and sample sentences or information about pronunciation and grammar
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
|PONS Wörterbuch Bibliothek|
|Dictionary English <-> German SCHOOL by PONS|
|Dictionary French <-> German ADVANCED by PONS|
|Dictionary Italian <-> German PREMIUM by PONS|
|Dictionary Spanish <-> German SCHOOL by PONS|
|Dictionary French <-> German PREMIUM by PONS|
|Dictionary Latin -> German SCHOOL by PONS|
|Dictionary Spanish <-> German ADVANCED by PONS|
|Dictionary French <-> German SCHOOL by PONS|
|Dictionary Spanish <-> German PREMIUM by PONS|
|Dictionary English <-> German ADVANCED by PONS|
|Dictionary Italian <-> German ADVANCED by PONS|