Serpodile offers a new method for learning writing numbers by decomposing the numbers in basic shapes (circle,
slanted line...) using visual and audio directions.
First the child learn how to draw basic shapes, then by listening to the "lesson mode" he will learn which basic shapes compose a specific number.
Once the child have learn how to draw number with the colorfull numbers he can add difficuties by trying to draw the numbers on the outline shapes.
An help screen gives audio and drawning directions to use the app.
Each screen includes :
* A colorful frame to help children orient themselves in space (ground, sky, beginning/green, ending/red )
* A number or a basic shape
* A green arrow showing where to start and a red dot showing where to stop
* The "lesson mode" giving visual and verbal instructions to draw the number or basic shape
* A "padlock" to train a specific number many times
* A carefully crafted minimalistic interface helps children stay focused. Even the interface hide itself during drawing.
This method has been build and tested by occupational therapists (OT). This method is particularly adapted for children having disabilities like dyspraxia and autis