This app lets parents and children understand and practise the UK Year 1 Phonics Screening Check.
It has all previous years' test pages, with the word sounds, all structured in the correct sections and formatted as per the real test.
These can be accessed by year, or 'practise' goes can be undertaken using a random selection of the previous years' pages. Importantly, this allows children to become used to the format of the test they will be undertaking.
- All previous years papers (i.e. 2011 to 2016)
- All 10 sheets per year, with the four words per sheet
- Sounds for all +220 words
In addition, the app now also includes includes information for parents on the various stages of phonics teaching, including timing.
The content was developed in conjunction with teachers and follows the guidelines set out by the UK Government for the teaching of phonics.
New features include:
- All 67 phonics sounds
- An explanation of the phonics teaching stages
- Animations to show formation of the letter shapes
- Toy Factory game = practise reading 20 simple words
- Castle Splat game = fill in the blanks, 35 words
- Car Wash game = sounds recognition game, 31 sounds
- Writing/drawing pad
|Phonics Screening Check UK|
|Pocket Magic Tricks FREE|
|Pocket Magic Tricks PRO|
|The Brain Optical Illusions Gallery FREE|
|The Brain Ultimate Challenge FREE|
|The Brain Optical Illusions Gallery|
|The Brain - Ultimate Challenge|