Pixel Boat Rush is a frantic pixel art arcade combat boat racing game!
The gameplay mixes a one-button racing mechanic with 2 weapon/defensive buttons. The progression features an in-depth career mode with RPG-like humoristic conversations with parodic characters, an endless mode and a boat crafting editor!
An easy to learn, hard to master, fun arcade racing game with loads of content!
Compared to the iPhone/iPad version, this TV version features adapted and enhanced graphics for the big screen, full Siri Remote and MFI controllers support, iCloud and Game Center syncing accross all platforms (with iPhone, iPad and Mac).
Reviews and Awards
- Featured by Apple multiple times!
- (4.5/5) Touch Arcade "I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys side-scrolling arcade games or can appreciate a different angle on the racing genre"
- (4.5/5) App Advice "perfect for anyone who enjoys boat racing and fast-paced, frenzied arcade games"
- (4/5) 148Apps ''Pixel Boat Rush's unique blend of mechanics make it an excitingly original racing game''
- (4/5) Indie Game Reviewer ''This is a iOS racing game that gets so many things right. It’s simple but complex, it’s challenging but fun, Pixel Boat Rush is a great game that I highly recommend''
- (3.5/5) Pocket Gamer ''A surprisingly sharp and clever racer, Pixel Boat Rush is well worth diving into''
- (4.5/5) TheAppleGoogle "more than enough to guarantee players hours of intense high speed action in an electrifying experience"
-(4.25/5) Reviewed on the Reviews on the Run TV Show!!
One-Touch Racing Mechanic:
Touch to accelerate, release to brake. Slow down on a wave to stick to it (bind speed requirement depends on the boat downforce, sometimes you have to slow down more). If you keep the gas pressed, you'll jump off the waves. You can stick to water before the wave begins, but if you re-accelerate on a straight line, you'll un-stick.
Releasing the gas while in the air will make you fall faster.
Obstacles and Power-Ups:
If air drag makes you quicker by staying on water, sometimes it's best to jump. It could be for grabbing a power-up, avoiding an obstacle or a tricky set of waves.
Fighting with opponent brings a whole new dimension to the game. It not only adds action, but also tactical aspects, which quickly becomes a key for victory. For instance, slowing down to get behind an opponent to avoid being hit and let him deplete his bullet on another boat.
- Career, endless and arcade mode
- 15 racing tracks
- 100 racing events across 7 types of race (normal, ceasefire, eliminations, demolition, carnage, last man standing, endurance)
- 20 Licenses: series of mini-quests which unlock the next racing categories
- 50 racing boats, each with its own specific upgradable configuration: find which boat is best suited for each event!
- Over 20 types of guns
- 4 racing classes: climb the ladders and become the world champion!
- A boat editor with 3 custom hangars where you can craft your own boats!
- One-button racing mechanic + 2 offensive/defensive buttons
- Power-ups: boost, ammo, shield, coins, repair
- Trophies system for replay value: finish first in all races to collect all gold trophies
- Game Center: leaderboards (based on best lap time and trophies earned) and achievements
- Cloud save with manual upload/download and 3 save files syncing with the iPhone, iPad and Mac versions
- MFI and other controllers support
- Rich original retro soundtrack
|Pixel Boat Rush TV|