Great voices at free tier, feature set that matches or exceeds the competition and no subscription for the premium tier, that is the reason why you'll love Speech Central. With over 10,000 licenses sold and consistent ratings above 4 stars Speech Central is one of the leading global text-to-speech brands. It was nominated for the best iOS accessible app in 2020 and 2017 on AppleVis, the leading authority in the field of accessibility on Apple devices.
appPicker: "... is a game-changer, and is slowly transforming my life..."
The app implements state of the art features for voice readers:
◦ The best in class support for the web sites / news reading.
- listen to the all web pages - both articles and headlines (first ever) supported
- RSS feeds
- import from any app that can share a link like Safari or Twitter
- open articles from headline pages
- sync articles with Pocket
◦ The widest support for documents/office and e-book formats
◦ Knowledge and text annotation tools built-in
◦ Export the text with annotations to .docx format
◦ Sync playlist items across Apple devices including with the macOS app and the current position in the text.
◦ Functions of audio buttons can be customized for high productivity and accessibility. The widest selection of tools to control the speed and browse the text that is read aloud.
◦ The app can be used with dozens of languages that have text-to-speech support on the device with automatic language detection from the content.
◦ import the text from the camera or from the scanned PDF using OCR
◦ Export the text to the audio file
◦ The app is completely free for blind people. It is tested to be accessible by legally blind users.
◦ Your data stays truly private, we collect only analytics data with no identifiable reference to the user or imported content even when the syncing is enabled
By moving your reading activities to commuting, walking, running, doing the housework or another activity you can save an hour each day. You'll also save eyes for better things while having your battery and data plan last significantly longer. Keeping the screen off grants that you won't get into the internet addiction and waste your time on unwanted things, and thus it can also help people with ADHD. As a bonus, even if your internet connection is unstable you won't notice any interruptions.
The app can be used as an assistive technology and helper for people with visual impairments (eyesight problems) and disabilities like dyslexia.
Supported document types are: PDF (including scanned documents), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx), OpenOffice/LibreOffice (.odt, .odp), .html, .mhtml, .webarchive, .txt, .rtf, supported ebook formats are .epub, DAISY and .fb2 and emails in .eml format.
Get the app now and enjoy the most convenient text to audio!
- The free version has a daily limitation in the number of articles that you can add to it which is removed by purchasing the Pro add-on.
- Some features are available only on the latest version of the operating system.
- The license is valid only for this operating system. Other operating systems have separate licenses.
- DRM protected books (e.g. Kindle books) are locked to their respective vendor apps and cannot be imported into the app.
- For languages other than English the support is provided using the auto-translation tools