* Note: Strange Rain is not currently compatible with iOS 10. An update is underway. *
What makes rain strange? When it's falling on your screen—from the inside.
/ Reached #1 on the Entertainment charts in the U.S., Canada, Italy, Germany and more! /
/ IGN.com Editors Choice / Featured on CNN.com and USAToday.com /
/ "A glimpse at novels of the future" —Fast Company's Co.Design /
/ "Think of it as a first-person thinker." —Paste Magazine /
/ "This gentle, compelling and beautiful artwork invokes a dreamy, poetic state..." —KCET /
Strange Rain turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a skylight on a rainy day. Raindrops fall and splatter on your screen, shifting perspective as you tilt your device. Touch the screen and guide the path of the raindrops, stepping through the notes of an eerie melody as you go. It’s a relaxing, intriguing experience that feels as if you’re holding a living window in your hands.
The more you touch, however, the more strange the rain becomes: layered skies, visual anomalies and shifts in speed and color, even the occasional cataclysm if you’re not careful. Before your eyes and beneath your fingers, the familiar becomes strange, and the strange, familiar.
Strange Rain has three play modes. In "wordless" mode, you can simply enjoy the sights and sounds of the falling rain. In "whispers" mode, touching the screen causes some raindrops to turn into words as they fall—words inspired by the qualities of rain.
In "story" mode, every touch triggers a thought as text on screen. These thoughts tell the story of a man in the midst of a family crisis who has wandered into the rain to collect his thoughts. His world, too, has gone from familiar to strange, even as his beliefs are following the opposite course. Your interaction helps determine when and how he decides to come in from the rain.
Strange Rain features interactive music that responds directly to your touch. In addition to the default music included with the original release, two additional scores by composers Chris Schlarb and Michael Gordon Shapiro can now be downloaded for free within the app.
A unique combination of touchscreen play and interactive storytelling, the living sky of Strange Rain awaits your touch.
|--- FEATURES ---|
- Your very own portable rainy day
- Guide the rain with touch
- 3D perspective shifts as you tilt your device
- Music that responds to your touch
- Supports Game Center achievements
- Supports the Retina Display
- Three play modes: wordless, whispers, and story
- Story mode lets you trigger thoughts with every touch
- Three unique musical scores (one included, two free downloads)
- Two raindrop styles (clear and black)
- Includes a sleep/meditation timer
- Listen to music from your iPod as you play, or listen to the rain sounds while using other apps
- Real-time hints and tutorials available to help you get the most out of the experience
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.opertoon.com
CONTACT US: email@example.com
ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/opertoon
ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/opertoon