SafeWA (Safe WA) is a free digital COVID-19 contact register system for Western Australia.
The system, developed by the Department of Health Western Australia (WA Health) is a secure and convenient way for venue operators and patrons to easily register their attendance at relevant venues. Through a unique venue QR code, SafeWA (Safe WA) supports efficient COVID-19 contact tracing, should it be necessary, by providing a digital register of contact details for patrons attending venues.
The digital register was developed exclusively for WA Health and is provided at no cost to WA venue operators or the public, as part of mandatory requirements to maintain a contact register, and is an extra precautionary measure in line with COVID safe principles.
Key features include:
· Venue operators may register for a unique QR code or multiple codes for multi-function venues.
· Patrons can scan venue QR codes to register their attendance at the venue (name, contact telephone number,, optional email, date and log-in time).
· Attendance data is recorded solely for the purposes of contact tracing, should it be required by WA Health.
· Data is encrypted at the point of capture.
· Records are stored securely for a maximum of 28 days.
· Records are only accessible to authorised WA Health contact tracing personnel should a positive COVID-19 case be identified.
· Permissions to use device camera.
SafeWA (Safe WA) is the digital venue check-in technology endorsed by the Department of Health Western Australia.