If you've spent your money on IoT devices you know that IoT automation can be slow and unreliable with restricted
rule sets and manufacturer lock-in.
Do you want your *home* automation to stay in your home? Should it really be run over the internet in someone else's cloud? You may feel uncomfortable about using an overseas owned internet/cloud service to monitor and control your home lights and appliances. I want my lights to turn on even when my internet connection is down!
With AutomationManager you manage your own *local* automation server to break free of those other systems. Reprogram your overseas managed cloud IoT devices for safe local access.
This is NOT the official product apps. You will still need the official app at least once to connect your devices to your WiFi (they use a locked/proprietary methods to set your router password into the device).
Refund policy: your app purchase will be refunded if you are not satisfied with the app or you return your devices. Check the developer site (below) for the refund procedure (it's painless).
Why not free? Unlike most IoT apps, AutomationManager is NOT collecting your personal information and habits in the cloud. There is no intention to direct advertising to you in the future. This pays for support and development, and is NOT funded by selling private information to 3rd parties.
Sylvania Osram Lightify: all bulbs (with hub)
LIFX: all bulbs
Philips Hue: bridges, lights, switches, sensors
WeMos: Dimmer, Motion, Light Switch, Insight, Socket. Mini, Maker, NetCam (motion only), Link, Coffee Maker, Room Heater, Air Purifier, Crockpot.
WeMo Link: Wemo LED, GE Link LED, Cree Connected, OSRAM Lightify, OSRAM RGB flex and gardenspot
TP Link: HS100, HS103, HS105, HS110, HS200, HS210, LB100, LB110, LB120, LB130
Many ESP8266 based devices w/ custom firmware (see dev website)
- AM Manager to control your devices while you are connected to your home wifi
- Widgets - build a central console of your own design
- A local Alexa bridge (very fast responses)
- AM Remote for secure remote access (wifi or 3G/4G)
- AM Scenes for single touch control of multiple devices (e.g. "Watch a movie")
- Event log viewer
- ESP8266 Manager for custom device configuration
AutomationManager works with the following apps:
- AM HomeBridge to HomeKit for iOS/Siri/iPhones
- IFTTT/Stringify for voice with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- AutomationOnDrive adding:
- Web browser access
- persistent logging to Google Drive
- DscServer for DSC panel integration using an envisalink card
- Thermostat hub/server for wifi enabled CT-30/CT50/CM50
- WemoLEDs for advanced control and rules for your Wemo LEDs
Protect your privacy using your Google personal cloud server for remote access, access via a web browser, voice integration, and logging. No need to rely on vendor servers or risk your privacy.
Convert an old or inexpensive low end android phone, pc, mac, rPi, etc into a dedicated INTRAnetOfThings (IoT) hub to protect your privacy and give you secure, FAST, and reliable home automation.
The comprehensive AM Server rule set (see the dev page for the full list):
- Use your phone location to trigger your switches
- Get a warning via SMS or email if a switch changes state or drops from your network, or power usage changes
- Turn lights on/off/flash when a security zone is opened/entered/closed or an alarm occurs
- Use motion to trigger alarms, garage door openers, cameras, etc
- Use switches to trigger other automation in addition to sockets/lights
and much more.
For a small investment and no monthly cost, you can set up your own home automation to rival Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, Time Warner's IntelligentHome, and more without vendor lock-in. Visit the developer's site (link below) or email me for more information.