AIS Radar displays AIS (Automatic Identification System) data received from marine AIS transponders/receivers such as the ExNC 101, Weatherdock easyAIS or Digital Yacht, over a WiFi network. For AIS devices without built-in WiFi support, an external serial-to-WiFi adapter such as the SEAMate1A® Lite, the Brookhouse iMux, the Roving Networks RN-370 or the Digi Connect® Wi-SP can be used. Alternatively, the application can display AIS data received from public internet AIS feeds such as the San Francisco Exploratorium.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you will need to have an AIS transponder or receiver device capable of sending AIS data over a WiFi connection. Please see the Support Website for information regarding supported devices and setup tips.
* Radar PPI-like display of AIS targets with course/heading and speed information.
* Selectable display range.
* Symbols for different targets (vessels with AIS class A and class B transponders, SAR aircraft and navigation aids).
* Computes closest point of approach (CPA) and time to closest point of approach (TCPA) for AIS targets.
* CPA/TCPA warning: The app will warn if the CPA (distance) or TCPA (in minutes) of another vessel is below a specified minimum.
* Tap to select targets, double-tap to display detailed information about selected targets.
* Pinch gestures and +/- buttons to change display range.
* Different radar display modes: Heading Up, Course Up and North Up.
* Optionally hide slow moving (or non-moving) targets from Radar view.
* List and detail views for AIS targets, displaying all available information about a target in clear form.
* Viewer for AIS safety-related broadcast messages.
* Supports iPhone and iPad, in portrait or landscape orientation.
* AIS/NMEA data can be received via a TCP connection or UDP.
DISCLAIMER: This application is no replacement for professional marine equipment. Always adhere to the principles of good seamanship and use proper caution and common sense when commanding a ship.