Discover the techniques to be the fastest at doing addition and subtraction!
Arloon Mental Math provides a range of practical rules for doing all kinds of additions and subtractions without having to use paper. It does all of this using a tool similar to the classic abacus that helps break down mathematical operations into simpler numbers.
* Winner of the Academics' Choice Smart Media Award (July 2014)
* Learning Best Practice Award (October 2014)
* 2nd Prize: "La Caixa Emprendedores XXI" (La Caixa Entrepreneurs) (June 2014)
* Winners of the first "Business Incubator Launch" (Lanzadera Incubadora de Negocios) (May 2013)
LEARN STEP BY STEP WITH HELP
All the mental math techniques are separated into different lessons that are unlocked as you overcome the different levels. We’ll accompany you along the way, explaining everything you need to pass each lesson.
As well as learning a lot of calculation techniques, you can also practise them using a special abacus that will be used less and less as you progress.
Mental Math includes 5 fun games for one or two players. With these, you can challenge your friends to see who’s the fastest. The more you play, the more you’ll develop your mental ability!
FILL UP YOUR CARD ALBUM
Overcome the challenges to get all the cards. Each one contains a mathematical curiosity. Try to get them all!
The Arloon Mental Math application aims to cover the primary education curriculum’s objectives and content. It includes sections with games and areas that let you practise, test what you’ve learned and work in collaboration with students. The application includes the following curricular content:
• Mental arithmetic techniques for addition and subtraction using 2 numbers.
• Learning to break a number down by adding to or subtracting from others.
• Developing strategies to implement different rules depending on the operands given.
• Practising everything learned through entertaining games.
This is a curricular application with mathematics content aimed at students of over 9 years of age. All the contents are available in Spanish and English.
Arloon Mental Math has been designed to develop the skills and abilities of students in the 21st century. Using this application, work is done on the following skills:
• Science: learning the terminology of arithmetic.
• Mathematics: knowledge of mental arithmetic techniques.
• Digital: learning to study with new kinds of technology.
• Learning to learn: experimenting and actively searching for answers so as to learn by themselves.