WHAT IS IT
BruxApp is the first worldwide-available, scientifically-based smartphone application dedicated to the study and management of Bruxism and its possible consequences.
Ideated by Dr. A. Bracci in cooperation with Prof. D. Manfredini (one of the world’s leading experts on Bruxism and TMD) and 22 Research Centres around the world.
WHAT PURPOSES IT SERVES
It is an easy-to-use tool that can be used both by the dentists and the patients, and may serve for several purposes:
- To perform a diagnostic hypothesis on the possible presence/absence of bruxism-related activities (i.e., teeth clenching or grinding, jaw clenching) and potential consequences
- To rating the severity of bruxism, if present
- To act as a potential biofeedback-based therapeutic tool for bruxism
- To educate patients avoiding negative habits by increasing their awareness of bruxism activities
- To inform about the current state-of-the-art concepts on bruxism, based on recent scientific researches
- To make patients aware of the possible clinical consequences of bruxism and try to prevent them
Bruxism is an oral condition that encompasses a group of motor activities of the jaw muscles such as jaw or teeth clenching, or teeth grinding. Some of such activities may be associated to various clinical signs and symptoms, such as tooth wear, failure of dental restorations, complications on implant-supported prosthesis, muscle fatigue or temporomandibular joint pain. Thus, a correct diagnosis is fundamental to try establishing early prevention and management regimens.
BruxApp has been supervised by qualified experts, as part of an ongoing multicenter research project on bruxism epidemiology and management coordinated by Prof. Daniele Manfredini, University of Siena, Italy.
By Goran Djukic, program analyst at the Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Council of Research, University of Pisa, Italy.
The application is currently available in English, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Brazilian, Chinese, Croatian, French, Bosnian, Dutch, Greek,Lithuanian, Hebrew, Polish and Japanese language, and is going to be soon released in other 8 language.
This is not a “gadget”. To be able to work in a correct way and be effective, you should dedicate to it 5 minutes of your time READING the clear instructions CAREFULLY.
The full compatibility is guaranteed by iPhone 5 and higher ones and iOS 8 and higher ones.