Clapo Hockey Training is the ultimate utility for any hockey player. Simply and accurately measure your shot & skating speed using just your phone! No expensive speed radar required. Clapo also keeps track of your statistics in the app, so you can see your average shot speed, total shots taken, and total laps skated.
How Clapo works:
Regardless of how new your device is, or how good the camera is, Clapo will always work just as good. All you have to do is set a distance or use one of the pre-set distances and tap start as soon as the shot is taken and stop once it hits the target. Clapo will then show you your shot speed. Easy as that! This method will always work any time of the day, any weather conditions and wherever you go, outdoors, indoors or even for ball hockey!
You can also measure your slapshot or snapshot speed using sound. Sounds a bit wild but here’s how it works. Once again set a distance or use one of the pre-set distances and tap ready in the “slapshot sound measure” mode, now set your phone to the side somewhere safe and out of the way between you and the target. Clapo will listen for the sound of the shot taken by you and “start” measuring, then when the puck hits the boards Clapo will detect that as the shot hitting the target and “stop” measuring. Your speed will be calculated and displayed on screen. You can keep shooting as much as you like and your fastest speed will be shown along with how many shots you took. Do note it has to be decently quiet for this mode, you can also adjust the sound detection sensitivity in settings for better results.
Other Clapo Features:
- 1 time purchase, no in app purchases, no subscriptions.
- Clean & simple UI, super easy to use.
- Lifetime Clapo statistics tracking.
- Shoot from any distance, anywhere.
- Measure skating speed.
- Skating lap time.
- Set your speed to either Kilometres or Miles.
- Share your statistics with friends and teammates.
- Keep your hockey season statistics saved in Clapo.
- Clapo Levels, level up as you take more shots and improve!
- Works without internet (uses no wi-fi or cellular data).
- Much less expensive than an actual hockey radar gun.