Transform your English with Collins COBUILD Advanced American English Dictionary [!second!]. Learn to use English the way native speakers do, understand words, and improve your pronunciation.
Created especially for learners, this app brings together our best ever COBUILD dictionary with new features only possible on your Apple device. With simple, elegant design and clever features, COBUILD is now easier than ever to use.
Collins COBUILD Advanced American English Dictionary [!second!] was published in October 2016.
FEATURES of APP
- Optimized for iOS 11
- Optimized for 3D Touch
- Fast pattern-match search (*, ?, vowel, consonant and group of letters) for crossword solving
- Search within entries, idioms and examples
- Customize search options (starts/ends with, appears in idioms/examples)
- Pronunciation audio available offline (40,000 words)
- ”Jump” feature – touch any word anywhere in the dictionary to go to the definition
- Automatic correction of misspelled
- Bookmark and history functions
- iCloud Bookmark
- Supporting “Slide Over” and “Split View” on iPad
- Optimized for Retina and Retina HD display
- Customize UI colors
- Clipboard search
- Search from other apps
- Custom action feature allows users to look up a word in the dictionary from within other apps
- Search for other MONOKAKIDO apps
- VoiceOver speaks contents
FEATURES of CONTENTS
- Simple, clear definitions taken from natural English as it is really used
- Full human-voice headword audio in standard American pronunciation
- Words divided into levels of frequency, helping you choose the important words to study
- Thesaurus feature helps you improve your vocabulary
- Pronunciation feature helps you identify tricky words and learn to pronounce them
- Usage feature helps you choose the right words for the right situation
- Word partnerships highlight helpful word patterns (collocations)
- Word Webs present related vocabulary and information in context to help understanding
- Style labels tell you whether a word is formal, offensive, funny, old-fashioned etc.
- Cultural notes on important events, traditions and customs to help your understanding
- List of tricky irregular verbs to watch out for
- Explanation of grammatical terms, helpful instructions on how to get the very best out of your COBUILD dictionary and much more
Collins COBUILD Advanced American English Dictionary [!second!]
This new edition of the Collins COBUILD American Advanced Dictionary offers up-to-date coverage of today's English in
a clear, attractive format.
This dictionary is ideal for upper intermediate and advanced learners of American English. It covers all the words, phrases and idioms that students need to learn and master to be able to speak and write effective American English. With full-sentence definitions written in simple, natural English, this dictionary is easy to use and understand. The examples, taken from the 4.5-billion-word Collins Corpus, show learners how the words are used in authentic contexts.
The dictionary offers a wealth of knowledge and provides extensive help with grammar, including grammar patterns and a grammar reference in the supplement. A wide range of vocabulary-building features, encourage students to expand and improve their accuracy and fluency.
The Collins COBUILD American Advanced Dictionary provides invaluable and detailed guidance on the English language, and is the complete reference tool for learners of American English.