Join 300,000 students worldwide and improve your Chinese reading. Stories are written for every reading level from total beginner to master. Pinyin and translations are available with just a tap. Learn mandarin the way it is used in real life situations, written by native speakers with professional translations and audio recordings.
*Our mission is to make Chinese literacy attainable by all.*
Download the Du Chinese app and start reading today!
Here are some of our popular features:
• Simplified and Traditional Chinese
• Recommended lessons based on your reading history
• SRS-based flashcard system
• Pleco dictionary integration
• Account sync between the website and app
• New lessons every weekday
• Markings to indicate HSK level
Beginner Chinese learners can start from ni hao and work their way up through our beginner courses that will take them through the story of Ben, an exchange student in China. Start off with pinyin and hide it when you’re ready to learn traditional or simplified Hanzi.
Intermediate Chinese learners from HSK 3 and up can begin reading more elaborate stories with surprise endings while learning to use Chinese grammar in context.
Advanced Chinese learners will enjoy our collections on the Tang Dynasty historical figures and other advanced readings.
What people are saying about Du Chinese:
“Best app if you're wanting to increase your vocab and reading ability via language context... nothing beats learning vocabulary through the context of stories. I've tried over 30 different Chinese learning apps over the 5 years that I've been learning Mandarin. This app is definitely worth the subscription. Try it out”
“A great and straightforward app for learning Chinese through stories. I don't really like sifting through grammar and vocabulary books or even flashcards. Instead, stories help you learn through imagination and creativity, you immerse yourself into the story and learn the words because you want to understand the story. Great!”
“Great app for developing listening and reading skills. The part that puts it over the top for me is that I can choose traditional characters! It is incredibly hard to find apps, programs, and books that cater to those of us who are studying Mandarin, but are focused on traditional script.”
Du Chinese offers premium content for subscribing users. The following subscription plans are offered:
* One month subscription for $11.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Six month subscription $54.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Twelve month subscription $89.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Your subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
This app is simply amazing! I’ve been using it for a while now and I couldn’t be happier with it. A perfect way to review all the vocabulary I learned in other apps (I self-study) and even learn new words. The review system is great too, so I never forget anything. I think this is the only app that offers whole texts instead of just teaching short sentences. Reading text is essential to learning a language and I think this app will be a very useful tool to reaching fluency. One request: More short stories for elementary and intermediate learners please!
04 Jul 2020