Calculate the most cost effective production rate for earthworks by adjusting the number of trucks required.
Compatible for iOS 7 and iOS 8. Calculator can use both imperial and metric units. Currency and number format are location specific.
Use this pocket estimating tool to help make decisions on site like:
• A truck is unavailable today, what will that do to my production rate?
• The excavator bucket cycle has decreased, what will that cost me?
• Is it more cost effective to use fewer trucks that have a higher capacity?
• Do I hire the expensive excavator operator with a better cycle time or the cheaper one?
• What will increasing the time for breaks for an excavator operator do to my production rate?
Definition of terms:
• Haul Distance: The distance between the excavation site and the fill / spoil site (one-way).
• Average Speed: The average speed of the trucks along the route between sites.
• Truck Volume: The amount of spoil/fill a truck can haul.
• Dump Time: Extra time required by truck to manoeuvre at fill / spoil site. Can be zero.
• Bucket Volume: The volume of the bucket / scoop of the excavator.
• Bucket Cycle: Time to load bucket + swing with load + dump load + return swing.
• Productive Time: The average number of minutes within an hour that are productive during excavation.
• Actual Production Rate: The production rate taking into account the number of trucks.