'find my way back now' is a great app to bookmark places to return to or visit later. It not only helps you find your way back to places like your parked car, your hotel, the train station etc. but it also allows you to store places to visit before you even set off. Return to or visit any bookmarked location with the mobile data free mode (using just the built-in GPS and direction pointer) or use maps where connectivity permits, the choice is yours.
STORE AND MANAGE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF LOCATIONS
● Store your current location using GPS
● Store any location anywhere in the world using maps
● Planning a trip? No problem. Store multiple places to visit in advance ready for your arrival
● Sort your locations into an order that makes most sense for you
● Share locations with other users (running 'find my way back now' version 3.1.0 or later) via email or sms. Send a location to family and/or friends and arrange to meet
FIND LOCATIONS USING GPS/DIRECTION POINTER OR USING MAPS
● One key differentiator of this app over others is the use of GPS and the custom direction pointer to find your way;
no data used, no maps required. Great for remote locations or overseas travel
● At any time, see how far from your destination you are as the crow flies
● Alternatively, if you're connected, use the Maps integration to navigate your way to your destination instead
WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT 'find my way back now'?
● 'find my way back now' comes into its own if you are ever without cellular coverage or when you travel overseas and
want to avoid data roaming charges
● Use 'find my way back now' completely data free to store your current location as well as find any stored location using the specially designed custom direction pointer
● When you have cellular coverage or WiFi access, you can use the built in map functionality to drop pins to store locations anywhere in the world as well as drag and drop pinned locations to refine exact positioning
HOW BEST TO USE 'find my way back now'
● Sharing a location with others via sms requires the recipient to have upgraded to at least this version of the app
for this feature to work
● Ensure you have clear line of sight from your device to the sky so your device can lock on to the free GPS signals broadcast from the numerous GPS satellites orbiting the Earth. If you stand between skyscrapers, sit inside a building or walk under dense tree foliage the GPS signal will likely be blocked. Find some clear sky and the device will find your location
● Avoid magnetic interference (like that found in vehicles or near other electronic gadgets or appliances) as this can affect the built-in compass and give a false direction. If the device determines it needs to be re-calibrated then it will automatically display the standard iOS compass calibration screen
Created by Redkoala Solutions Ltd