iCXR is a detailed chest radiograph pocket reference and manual for the iPhone and iPad.
"highly recommended for any healthcare professional/medical student interested in developing their CXR interpretation skills" - iMedicalApps.com
***** "Best of its kind"
***** "Excellent chest radiograph application"
--User comments from US store--
*****"Great app for all doctors, especially radiology trainees!"
--User comments from UK store--
The app contains more than 200 high quality images of common and uncommon conditions and a simulated PACS work station. A detailed manual with 14 chapters is an ideal companion if you are a medical student, radiology resident, radiographer, a medic on the ward or preparing for board exams. It teaches the beginner (and perhaps not so much of a beginner) the technique of interpreting a chest radiograph. Over 70 flash cards on specific conditions provide short and succinct information, ideal when that odd looking film shows up on the screen. Unlike a traditional book, each condition is provided with multiple example images for better understanding.
Thanks to the beautiful high resolution screen, iCXR virtually turns your device to a mini PACS work station. Zoom the image by using familiar pinch gestures, use built in tools to change contrast and brightness and invert the image for a near real life experience. Over 100 detailed pictorial and text annotations superimposed on the images help better understanding. You can turn off the annotations to appreciate the findings better.
iCXR – The modern chest radiograph reference.
- Works on both iPhone and iPad with a single purchase
- No internet connection required
- Largest chest radiograph library on the iphone
- High quality zoomable radiographs
- Zoomable text and pictorial annotations overlaid on the image that can be toggled
- Multiple examples per condition
- Links from text to appropriate images
- Image manipulation tools that simulate a PACS work station
- Manual to teach chest radiograph interpretation
- Flash cards for quick reference