Metronomics is not only a metronome, but a tool designed to help build a solid sense of time and rhythmic security. It's a new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision, mastered for iOS devices
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include built-in preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure (with any denominator) you like or practice mixed meters such as 4/4 + 3/8 + 5/4 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
- Have Metronomics start with a count off
- Set the metronome to run for a certain amount of time
- Share saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you've practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Speech sounds for counting up to 10 that can be assigned to any subdivision (English language only)
- Play in the background
- AUv3 support -- use Metronomics as an audio unit within other host apps. Ableton Link for sync.
- Great battery management -- doesn't drain the battery like many other iOS metronomes
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Manual (plus videos) describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Within Metronomics, there is an option to upgrade to Metronomics Pro, which is an auto-renewing yearly subscription service. It enables the following features:
- Service: Metronomics Pro
- Time period: one year, auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.