Choose the drug handbook trusted for nearly 30 years! Download the FREE app and view selected topics. (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
From the leading name in nursing, Mosby's 2018 Nursing Drug Reference is a full-color portable nursing drug handbook that makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs that nurses administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled - including 20-30 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. . No other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. Backed with practical online resources, Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference proves there is a difference in drug guides. It's Mosby's bestselling drug reference for nurses!
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendices.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
New to this Edition:
- NEW! 20-30 added monographs provide up-to-date content on newly released drugs.
- NEW! BEERS indications included for selected monographs.
- NEW! Drugs with genetic indications identifiable by easy to spot icon.
By Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX
|Mosby’s 2018 Nursing Drug Refe|
|Buzz: Secure Medical Messenger|
|Washington Manual Bundle|
|Conn's Current Therapy 2018|
|Harrison’s Manual + Rx DDx Tx|
|Clinical Rotation Super Bundle|
|Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas|
|Saunders Comp Review NCLEX PN|
|Tintinalli's Emergency Med Man|
|Symptom to Diagnosis-EB Guide|
|Poisoning & Drug Overdose Info|
|Occupational & Environmental|
|Guide to Diagnostic Tests 7ed|
|Williams Manual of Hematology|
|Saunders Comp Review NCLEX RN|
|Surgical Recall - Best-Selling|
|Current Diag & Treat. Ob & Gyn|
|CURRENT Med Diag & Treatment|
|Medical Bag for Physicians|
|Anatomy & Physiology MIE NCLEX|
|Nursing Essentials - Pkt Guide|