Would you like to know the names of the mountains around you?
Mountains AR is an augmented reality software that can give you the answers you need!
Point your iPhone towards the scenery and you'll know all the peaks information you are observing.
Useful to those who make trekking, biking, climbing, skiing, camping or just nature lovers.
It works completely offline and internet connection is not required (except to show map).
Coverage of the entire world! Over 455,000 peaks.
AR engine optimized for all camera models.
To improve accuracy move iPhone as to draw a picture of the shape of an 8.
Data provided by OpenStreetMap.Org
Graphics by Icons8.com
- Augmented reality to know the mountains around you
- Manual aligment of peaks dragging on the screen
- Set the view ray (minimum and maximum)
- Map feature to show the peaks on several types of maps
- Take high resolution pictures with superimposed information
- Get a sortable list of peaks with search feature
- Simulate a new user location by:
- - selecting a peak
- - setting a location on the map
- - setting coordinates and altitude manually
- Add new own TMS/WMS maps
- Map compass and map scale
- 3D map
- Follow user mode
- Compute distances on map
- Find address
- Search geocaches
- Info coordinates
- Navigate with Apple Maps