Maximise the value of In-Cockpit Flight Training using your iPad or iPhone, to learn and practice Instrument
Navigation, Anytime or Anywhere, using Radio Navigation Simulator IFR PRO, (RNS-IFR PRO).
RNS-IFR PRO is a precision 2D Flight Simulator and Training Aid - Learn to manage, interpret, and become familiar with the VOR, ADF (RMI or RBI ) and Dual Needle RMI, DGYRO, HSI and DME instruments.
Students can start by simply finger moving the aircraft on the chart, observing the instrument response - progressing to full flight exercises, while tuning and managing the NAV radios, just as in real flight.
Fly pre-planned routes, or create your own from simple to complex, while navigating in a latitude and longitude area. Repeat as often as needed, always improving your instrument skills, anytime in a place of your choice.
Instructors can demonstrate to Students, basic VOR, ADF (RBI-RMI) with DME radio navigation, and advanced aspects using the HSI and Dual Needle RMI.
Experienced pilots will find RNS-IFR PRO valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
• Flight Panels optimised for iPad & iPhone, with retina display support.
• The simulator operates in an Exercise Area of approx 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields.
• Scalable chart showing Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft position.
• Full chart management showing VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
• Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
• Flight Panel and area chart simultaneously displayed.
• A choice of five realistic Flight Panels with the following instruments:
• Directional Gyro, Horizontal Situation Indicator, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI-RBI), Dual Needle RMI
• Full Radio management of ADF, NAV1, NAV2 and DME.
• Real world magnetic variation model with current variation visible on the chart.
• Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
• Altitude management and display.
• Flights in Real or Compressed time.
• Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
• Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight area mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
• Flight Panels, instruments and chart managed with intuitive multi gesture interface.
• Touch button flying controls.
• Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
• Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
• Detailed User Manual,embedded in the App.
• Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference
In-App Purchase available (RNS-USA IFR Database):
• A USA database containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the 48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii, derived from recent FAA/NFDC data.
• The data is selectable by ARTCC Region, to allow flight training within your area of interest.
• The first of a series of Information Videos is available on our website at www.digitalaviation.com.
Some Customer Reviews:
• RNS apps have been an excellent means of visually depicting cause and effects of instrument inputs as it relates to VFR and IFR navigation. In my opinion, a must for students, pilots and instructors. CFI
• I wish I'd had this tool when I first took my IMC rating - it would have saved me a lot of in flight training hours. This is a superb, intuitive, easy to use app. It will train your interpretation of the VOR and NDB so all you have to worry about in the air is flying the aeroplane
• RNS - Very nice and easy to use simulator. Strongly recommend that few bucks to test yourself in various places in USA
• A must have for all pilots - This is an amazing app. Busy with my night rating and then IFR and this helps you understand radio navigation in minutes. If you are a flight instructor get it
• A great app to practice radio navigation using VOR, ADF, DME
• This is a serious, professional, training aid. It covers real-time navigation with all the basic nav instruments