Do you feel discomfort during flight?
Are you bored on board the airplane?
Or, perhaps, you love to fly and just want to learn more about the aviation and understand it better?
SkyGuru provides detailed explanations of everything happening in-flight in real time, and keeps you busy on board.
Imagine sitting next to a pilot who could explain every sound, every turn, every sensation you are feeling, notified you of any upcoming turbulent areas, and just turned your flying experience into a conscious process. SkyGuru – is your personal guide in the world of aviation.
SkyGuru receives information about your flight from professional aviation sources used by airlines. Next, SkyGuru combines the data from your iPhone sensors and the program algorithms to recognize flight stages and accompanies you the entire journey. It supports, teaches, comments on, and explains everything that’s going on during the flight, all in real time.
The app WORKS in AIRPLANE mode IN-FLIGHT!!! No need for Wifi / GPS.
NEW! Interesting facts about the points of interest that you are flying over, considering clear sky analysis;
NEW! Offline map, showing an approximate current location of your airplane en-route; does not require WiFi/GPS;
NEW! Video course by Alex Gervash - founder of SkyGuru, that will decrease any fear of flying (available on flights >1,5 hrs);
NEW! GIF images illustrating how airplane mechanisms work in real time;
NEW! Seat recommendations on board according to aircraft’s sunny / shadow side, and a possibility to see beautiful sights below, sunset / sunrise.
- Forecasts and notifications of most turbulent areas en route, including approximate time of entry into and duration of each.
- Description of weather conditions at the departure airport and explanations of how they may affect your sensations on takeoff.
- Calculation of the actual flight time considering current winds already 24 hrs prior to your flight's arrival.
- Real time explanations of most sounds which may worry the passengers.
- Notifications about possible "dipping" sensations based on one's false perceptions of the actual position of the airplane.
- Information about weather conditions at the airport of arrival and their possible effect on your sensations.
- Notifications about a higher probability for going around should the weather conditions anticipate it.
- Turbulence graph and current G-force values created by turbulence, as well as their difference from the overloads that the airplane is meant to withstand.
- Flight speed and altitude, given a stable GPS signal (usually, available at a window seat).
- Airplane’s nose position relative to the horizon and airplane’s maximum bank angles when entering a turn.
- 3D airplane model of its relative position in space considering banks and turbulence.
- Notifications about expected manoeuvres soon after take-off and shortly before landing.
- Real time explanations of cabin procedures, such as: “why does the light blink,” “why do we open window blinds”, etc.
1. If you have any questions, please contact our support team. We are happy to assist 24/7.
2. For best experience, initiate your flight 2-4 hours before your departure.