Learning music theory? Don't go anywhere without this handy music reference from Wolfram—a world leader in technical software! Are you taking a basic course in music theory, just starting out in band, or learning an instrument? Now you can learn about notes, intervals, scales, and chords and even hear what they sound like!
- Hear and view accidentals and octaves anywhere on the staff.
- Choose from both common scales and hundreds of more advanced scales.
- Explore triads and basic major, minor, and seventh chords.
- Input up to four chords and hear their progression.
- Learn how to identify music intervals by their name and what they sound like.
- Find interval inversions for every interval type.
- Reference musical terms like "andantino" and "solfa" in the abbreviated music dictionary.
The Wolfram Music Theory Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Music Theory Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.