FlatMol 2 Lite is a free but limited version of FlatMol2
- A chemical structure drawing program
-Only one canvas may be saved
-up to 5 molecules may be saved
All other features are identical; there are no advertisements or time limitations
NOTE: the saved canvas will not transfer to the full version, but saved molecules are now accessible in the full version when purchased.
Simple and flat, chemical structures made with this program are designed to be compatible with a paper surface rather than to compete with 3D models.
FlatMol 2, written in Swift™ is a complete re-write of FlatMol
(original flat mol data is not compatible)
◦ New and Easier User Interface
◦ A Tab Bar to compartmentalize similar tasks.
◦ A Toolbar for generic tasks
◦ Molecules are saved using Apple’s Core Data (a database system).
◦ Document-based: more than one document can be opened at a time.
each document contains its own set of molecules (canvas).
◦ A predefined set of functional groups are included.
◦ Saved molecules may be classified into groups for organization
◦ A molecule may be copied from one document and then
saved in another open document.
◦ A molecule may now be flipped horizontally or vertically (as well as rotated)
◦ The size of the atoms may be increased ( 3 discrete sizes )
◦ User may copy and paste molecules.
◦ Undo ( command Z ) for most operations.
◦ multiple bonding representations are available