Focus Stacker combines sharp areas from
multiple images into one seamless composite image. The focus stacking is used in macro photography for subjects like
flowers, insects, jewelry, in microscope image processing, in landscape photography. The app has an advanced automatic
stacking algorithm and also includes manual retouch mode allowing to have full control of the final result.
Main Focus Stacker features:
- Automatic advanced image alignment for stacking.
- Automatic detection and seamless blending of sharp image regions.
- Retouch mode allows precisely select areas from source images for complex cases where automatic selection is not possible, like moving insect antennae, similarly sharp backgrounds/foregrounds and so on.
- Built-in planar stitching. Especially useful for microscope images where the whole specimen does not fit into one frame.
- Optional exposure leveling routine available.
- All processing done in 32 bit floats, import in all image formats supported by macOS (including those in Apple Raw), export in 16 bit TIFF or 8 bit JPEG/PNG.