Horcrux lets you automatically backup your
mails from any IMAP supported email accounts with great ease. The best part is, you have an option to restore the backed
up emails to any other email account, retaining all your tags/folder hierarchy.
"Horcrux is handy since you don't actually have to think about it when it's running" - Lifehacker
Note: This is a background app, it resides on the Mac menu bar called "H". Click on that to get back to the preferences.
- Tested with iCloud, Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, GMX, DomainFactory. It should work on most email accounts.
- Incremental backups
- Automated backups at multiple locations (server and local) using the Hooks functionality.
- Supports multiple email accounts
- Add the accounts, set the backup frequency and it'll unobtrusively backup emails in the background
- Native Email Browsing interface where you can undelete specific emails (in case of user error)
- Independent IMAP Server to Server migration utility
- Clever restore process that'll skip already existing emails
- Stores emails in open format (.eml) which can be opened in clients like Apple Mail
- Can export emails in open format as .mbox
- The backups can be offline and moved around to different computers.
Please feel free to contact us in case of any problems https://thehorcrux.com/support
Note: Google, Microsoft, GMX, DomainFactory are trademarks of their respective owners.