Export photos and videos from Photos for Mac app in year-wise or album-wise folders. Save on Mac, Google Drive, Dropbox or external drive.
Photos Takeout makes it super-easy: Select years, albums or moments. Click Export, and it's all saved in your chosen location in a sensible folder sub-folder hierarchy.
(Don't even try it with Photos app's Export function: you'll end up with just one humongous, unusable folder).
Examples of when to use Photos Takeout:
- To make yearbooks of your 2017, 2018 and 2019 photos
- To export selected albums for printing as photo-books
- To move photos from iCloud to external drive. Save $$!
- To migrate to other photo management programs or PC
- To share albums or tons of photos with non-Mac users
MORE ABOUT PHOTOS TAKEOUT
* For mac OS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra and Sierra
* Migrates thousands of photos at once, blazing fast
* Handles photos (all standard formats) and videos
* Preserves albums, file names and EXIF/IPTC metadata
* Exports YYYY folders or YYYY>MM sub-folder hierarchy
* Exports all or selected albums or Moments as folders
* Exports latest edited versions or unmodified originals
* Retains custom arrangement of photos in albums (Catalina)
* Extremely easy to use – Can’t go wrong!
* More features coming: Buy now or pay more later:)
Photos is a great program for organizing and editing pictures and videos, but it stores them in its locked Photos Library folder - Just as iPhoto did. So you don't control your photo collection. You can't click open a folder and find all your image files in it. And you can't switch to another photo management software without losing your organization and photo edits.
Photos Takeout makes it incredibly easy to get photos and videos out of Apple Photos, organized exactly as you like.
HOW IT WORKS
- Select Photos Library: Currently active one or any other
- Select destination: e.g. Mac, Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
- Select one or more Years, Albums or Dates/Moments
- Use the default export options or customize
- Click Export. That's it.
App includes User Guide and FAQ. For help, email us via the app for prompt human-powered support (We don't do automated or canned replies!)
Note: Live Photos and burst photos are only supported within Photos app. Photos Takeout will export these as single-frame JPGs.
Mac with macOS 10.12 and higher, 64 bit
(Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra)