Surround Speaker Check is a fun and entertaining utility to help you set up and enjoy your surround sound audio system! Also works as great spatial audio test content for spatial audio on AirPods Pro!
With Surround Speaker Check, you can:
• Verify your system is properly decoding Dolby Digital surround sound audio (used for iTunes & Apple TV HD movies)
• Confirm your speakers are properly configured
• Hear and evaluate your surround sound speakers in isolation
• Test your subwoofer with Subwoofer Check track
• Compatible with spatial audio on AirPods Pro
• Experience Apple's head tracking feature for spatial audio with the Center Speaker Check track
Uses specially produced surround sound music tracks with on-screen visual graphics - no annoying blasts of white noise!
Designed by guitarist and surround recording artist Jeff Perrin as a means to confirm the integrity of various surround systems while producing surround sound music tracks.
NOTE: Playback of Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound content requires an Apple TV connected to a Dolby Digital compatible home theater system with front and rear speakers. (For best compatibility with tvOS 14, Audio Format should be left on the default "Auto" setting.) May be compatible with select smart TVs using AirPlay. Spatial audio support requires AirPods Pro with compatible iOS device.