SomaFM's official app, giving you access to over 30 year-round channels of listener-supported, commercial-free, underground/alternative radio, with all music hand-picked our award-winning DJs and music directors.
Lifehacker.com calls SomaFM one of the "Five Best Internet Radio Services" and says "completely user and listener-supported, which means no ads or commercials during your broadcasts, and the channels and programs aired at SomaFM are rarely heard anywhere else."
- No registration required; no additional purchases required!
- View stations by Popularity, Genre or your favorites
- Shows name and artist of currently playing song and history of songs played.
- Siri Shortcuts
- Bookmark, Share title and search iTunes for the playing song
- Background streaming: use other apps while listening.
- Stream to AppleTV & Airplay devices; Qualcomm® AllPlay™ compatible speakers; Chromecast
- Integration with many car stereo units via Dock Connector or Bluetooth
- Remote control: Pause and restart playing as well as skip between favorite channels from your headphone remote, lock screen controls.
- High and low bandwidth streaming: 128k MP3 and 64-80kb AAC-HE (high); great-sounding 32kb AAC-HE and good-quality 40kb MP3 (low).
- AAC-HE support for highest quality audio even at the lowest bitrates.
Never listened to SomaFM before? Here's our lineup, which are all commercial free:
Groove Salad: A nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves.
Downtempo electronica, mostly instrumental. Great for work.
Secret Agent: The soundtrack for your stylish, mysterious, dangerous life. For Spies and P.I.s too!
An eclectic blend of cinematic downtempo, stylish lounge, sambas and easy-tempo with an adventurous flair.
Drone Zone: Served best chilled, safe with most medications. Atmospheric textures with minimal beats.
Fluid: Drown in the electronic sound of instrumental hiphop, future soul and liquid trap.
Indie Pop Rocks!: New and classic favorite indie pop tracks.
Left Coast 70s: NEW! Mellow album rock from the Seventies. Yacht friendly.
The mid/late 70s sound that blossomed out of Los Angeles and spread up and down the west coast.
cliqhop idm: Blips'n'beeps backed mostly w/beats. Intelligent Dance Music.
Beat Blender: A late night blend of deep-house and downtempo chill.
Dub Step Beyond: Dubstep, Dub and Deep Bass. The place for Bass Music!
The Trip: Progressive house / trance. Tip top tunes.
Illinois Street Lounge: Classic bachelor pad, playful exotica and vintage music of tomorrow.
Space Station Soma: Tune in, turn on, space out. Spaced-out ambient and mid-tempo electronica.
Doomed: Dark industrial/ambient music for tortured souls.
Boot Liquor: Americana Roots music for Cowhands, Cowpokes and Cowtippers
Lush: Sensuous and mellow vocals, mostly female, with an electronic influence.
Digitalis: Digitally affected analog rock to calm the agitated heart.
Suburbs of Goa: Desi-influenced Asian world beats and beyond.
ThistleRadio: Exploring music from Celtic roots and branches
Crafted by Fiona Ritchie, award-winning host and curator of NPR's syndicated Thistle and Shamrock radio show.
Underground 80s: Early 80s UK Synthpop and a bit of New Wave, with rarities you forgot you remembered.
Sonic Universe: Transcending the world of jazz with eclectic, avant-garde takes on tradition.
PopTron: Electropop and indie dance rock with sparkle and pop.
Less guitars, more synths.
Metal Detector: From black to doom, prog to sludge, thrash to post, stoner to crossover, punk to industrial.
Mission Control: Ambient and experimental music mixed with the historical sounds of the space program.
SomaFM SF 10-33: Live San Francisco Fire and Police radio with an electronic music soundtrack.