LectureNotes is an Android app for note-taking by handwriting on the screen, in particular with a
It has been designed while having a user at university (or at school) in mind, for instance a lecturer who is using it for preparing her/his lecture or even for actual teaching (by writing on the device and projecting the screen content for the audience) or a student who is using it for taking handwritten notes during a lecture. However, it has found many users outside university, for instance businesspersons who use it for business notes and sales presentations or artists who use it to create sketches and drawings.
Its major target devices are tablets with Android 3.0 or later. The basic functionality works on all devices with Android 3.0 or later, but some which are hardware-dependent such as pressure sensitivity might not.
NOTE: There is a free trial version to test if the app is right for you. The free trial version is fully functional with the exception that the number of notebooks is constrained to two, with no more than eight pages per notebook.
We would love to hear from you, please send feedback and feature requests to us by email. If you encounter a problem with the app, please email us and we will do our very best to fix it quickly.
* requires only minimal permissions and no internet connection (we do respect your privacy!)
* allows multiple pages to be simultaneously visible on the screen (i.e. continuous page view)
* allows smooth writing, typing, scrolling, and zooming
* multiple layers in notebook pages
* image and image set import into notebook (including image import directly from camera)
* single- and multi-page PDF import (requires PDFView to be installed)
* notebook export as compressed PDF
* notebook export to Evernote (requires Evernote app to be installed)
* notebook export to OneNote (requires OneNote app to be installed)
* audio recording and replay (requires LectureRecordings to be installed)
* video recording and replay (requires LectureVideos to be installed)
* presentations (requires LecturePresentations to be installed)
* sharing and import of notebook pages
* keyword attachment to notebook pages and automatic indexing
* insertion, deletion, and rearrangement of notebook pages
* sharing and import of notebooks
* organization of notebooks in folders
* backup and restore of notebooks board
See the help page https://www.acadoid.com/apps/ln/help/ for more details.
Possible issue: For certain functionality, the app requires other apps to be installed: Notebook and folder import, notebooks board restore, and image set import require a file manager app to be installed; image import directly from camera requires a camera app to be installed; PDF import requires a file manager app and PDFView to be installed; export to Evernote requires the Evernote app to be installed; export to OneNote requires the OneNote app to be installed.
Fantastic app. One of the few that doesn't lock half of options behind a pay-wall after purchase.
Feb 16, 2021
I love this app. I was using Wacom's Bamboo Paper app, but this app is so much better. Not only that, but the developer responded to my questions SO quickly. While I'm not necessarily a fan of paying $6.99 for an app, I feel like it is worth every penny. Try the Trial Version, and you'll see how many great features it has.
Feb 18, 2021
By far, the best note taking app available! With their extension "Lecture Recordings", one of the best features is the ability to replay what was being said when writing notes. The customizability for the notes allows for just about any setup you can imagine.
Feb 11, 2021
App works great, Lots of features, Developer response is Excellent. I've used this app for several years and have never had issues until Android 11 update which later corrected itself thank to the developers quick response. This app works great and I do highly recommend this app.
Feb 12, 2021
Feb 14, 2021