Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord, Philip
Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos!
Covered by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ and many, many others!
It's 1984, and you've got a VHS camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With Rarevision VHS, you'll make home movies that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
Trust us, we asked literally everyone and it's unanimous: this app is freakin' rad!
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• The only VHS app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually rad
And Also Because of This:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn't)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Import videos from other apps to give them the VHS treatment
*** PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP DOES NOT WORK ON ROOTED DEVICES WITH CUSTOM ROMS. If you don't know what "rooted" means, don't worry about this. ***
Rarevision is a US-based software developer. We do not outsource development to third parties.
Copyright © 2015-2020 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
I love this great app. Have no chance to recognize the video was not captured on the tape. All the "natural analogue" picture glitches, effects and trembling (include the frame and the moving artefacts in the bottom, or an optional texts) are real reminiscent of recordings from the VHS era. The motion in the captured scenes is very smooth, not jerky (tested with Samsung Galaxy A6), above that, you can choose the frame rate. I would just appreciate if there was a possibility to sometimes fully turn off the glitches in the bottom part of picture, now you can just minimize or intensify them (on the other hand, it perfectly simulates the imperfections of VHS recordings) :).
Nov 26, 2020
The app is great! The problem is that sometimes it doesn't let me exit from a video, to go back to the gallery, when I tap the back button. So, I have to close the app and enter again. If this would be fixed, I would give 5 stars for sure.
Nov 25, 2020
i purchased this years ago and every time ive installed it again ive never been more satisfied with a camera app. its so simple to function, yet has plenty of features to make the video you want.
Nov 24, 2020
I love it it's hella good for my edits I really think it's worth it.
Nov 24, 2020
Nov 25, 2020