Solocator is a GPS camera for fieldwork. Overlay and stamp photos with GPS location, compass direction, altitude,
date & time taken + with Industry Pack (In-App Purchase) capture editable notes such as project name and photo
description, street address and UTM/MGRS coordinate formats. It can auto save 2 photos to camera roll at once - Stamped
photo and original photo. You can also view photo direction and location in map view and navigate there. So now you will
always know where and when a photo was taken and how to get back there.
TAILOR THE INFO YOU CAPTURE
You can choose what information you want to overlay on your photos to suit your fieldwork.
- GPS Location (Latitude & Longitude in various formats) ± Accuracy
- Compass Direction – Bearing
- Altitude (Metric & Imperial units)
- Date & time
- Show Compass
- Show Cardinal points in Building mode; e.g. North or South Elevations of a building face.
- Option to use abbreviations or Unicode characters for direction, position and altitude.
WORKING WITH CAPTURED INFO
- Options to take and auto save two photos to Camera Roll at once; one with stamped info and the other as an original photo.
- Photos are sorted by time, location, distance from current location and by project name (if Industry Pack is purchased).
- View photo direction and location in map view and navigate there
- Save photos with metadata in Exif format to camera roll
- Export photos to Google Drive and Dropbox
- Share photos on Facebook & Twitter
- Email photos from within the app including:
• Exif metadata
• Compass Direction
• GPS Position ± accuracy
• Date & Time taken
• Street address (if selected)
• Elevation of building face viewed (if selected)
• Links to maps so receiver can navigate there easily
INDUSTRY PACK (In-App Purchase)
Stamp your photos with "Project name" & "Description". The project name field could be used as job or policy number etc. You can also go back and amend project name or description or just add the notes later when you’re in the office.
Customize your photos by stamping your own watermark. e.g. company name, team or photographer name.
Selecting street mode overlays photos with street address.
ADDITIONAL COORDINATE FORMATS
UTM and MGRS grid coordinate formats
CUSTOM EXPORTING & EMAILING
Export or email multiple photos and photo info in KML, KMZ or CSV formats. Attach maps of photo locations along with your photos when exporting or emailing.
Select your combination of photos, maps and captured info in the file formats to suit your needs. Export/email photos individually or as a zip file.
REFINE AND LOCK GPS LOCATION
Ideal for those working in and around buildings; to improve your GPS location. You can also use it to lock the position of the asset or subject you’re photographing as opposed to where you’re standing.
SWITCH OFF CAPTURE MODES – GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Switch Compass, Building and Street modes off and just show GPS info bar on top of photos. Gives you more flexibility on what and how you overlay info and show more of the photo.
IMPORTANT NOTE - DEVICES WITHOUT A COMPASS
From v2.18 we have made Solocator accessible for incompatible devices that do not have a compass. These devices are without a magnetometer (magnetic sensor), which means the compass and some direction features in the app wont function as designed. However, when you change/update to a device with a compass all directional features will be enabled to work as intended.
Great app use it all the time for work taking pictures never let use down great for what we need it for
Jan 13, 2021
Jan 27, 2021
An essential tool/app for Bushfire/Wildfire firefighters. The ability to send a photo with location, bearing, altitude along with the photo of what the firefighter is looking at back to the incident management team is fantastic. It gives the incident management team insights as to further resources that may be required. It's true when they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Dec 28, 2020
I purchased the industry pack, but never received the upgrade. I sent an email to the support site but have received no response since.
Jan 12, 2021
Paid app, that lacking any kind of basic settings. Shot's In high rez are uber-slow in comparison with some free software out in a market. GPS data is displayed incorrectly, very frequently. It often thinks that it's +- 5m away from the spot. When in reality, it is 5 miles away (no joke). There are free apps with way more large custom settings. Dus, it is not functioning properly, although with proper care, it might. Shame.
Dec 15, 2020