• Healthline.com: Best Allergy Apps of the Year 2020
• Focus Money 2018, 2019 and 2020: "Top App" in the health category
• MeinAllergiePortal – Digital Health Heroes Award 2018
The app Food Intolerances helps you if you have to stick to a restricted diet after being diagnosed with food intolerances, sensitivities or allergies. It offers you an extensive food list with more than 1000 foods, tables with the most important data and detailed comments for assessing the tolerance.
Food Intolerances can, for example, be used for histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, a diet low in FODMAP for IBS, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance or gluten sensitivity.
Our app was tested by the medical jury of MeinAllergiePortal and was awarded the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018 at the 13th German Allergy Congress*.
THE BEST APP FOR YOUR NEEDS
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs
• Hide unsuitable foods with the filter function
• Add your own notes
• Manually adjust ratings where necessary
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total) as a profile to avoid all potentially problematic carbohydrates
HISTAMINE AND TYRAMINE INTOLERANCE
• Content of the biogenic amines histamine and tyramine
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
SALICYLATE OR ASPIRIN INTOLERANCE
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
• Nickel content
OTHER INTOLERANCES & ALLERGIES
Profiles for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef, honey, treenuts and nightshades
• Detailed articles about food intolerances
• Free blog with interesting articles
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
Useful filtering feature based on chosen sensitivity type.
Sep 04, 2021
I have mast cell activation syndrome; returning because it's not able to be individualized. Otherwise it's a very nice, clear app that's user friendly. There are notes under several entries with detailed information, but not all.
Aug 12, 2021
8.21 STILL appreciating this app! It has saved me a few times! --- It's a good start for me and worth the purchase. Surprising number of foods are missing. Looking forward to regular updates. The extra clinical info in the notes on many foods are very helpful.
Aug 14, 2021
So so helpful. The most comprehensive list I've found. Color coded and with explanations for most items.
Jun 27, 2021