Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever — no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
TOOLS TO SUPPORT TEACHERS
- Set up your class easily
- Search lessons by standards
- Assign lessons
- View reports to monitor student progress
NEW ACTIVITIES TO KEEP KIDS LEARNING
• We’ve added thousands of new interactive activities, exercises, and books that cover English Language Arts (ELA) and math Common Core standards.
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Editors' Choice — Apple App Store
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn." —Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and comprehension
• Language—vocabulary, parts of speech
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org or drop us a line at email@example.com.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 37 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
Amazing design, very engaging, and free!! A real gift. My child (5 yrs old) looks forward to learning with this program (which was not the case with a competitor program). Thank you!
Feb 21, 2021
It worked out well I have to tell my sister about THIS APP!! ❤️💜🧡🖤💛🤍💚🤎💙💔❣️💕💞💓💗💖💝
Feb 23, 2021
In The “Vowels” Thing, Here Is A Note (“Khan”): Aha! All Words Have A Vowel, Right? So Guess What? Y Is SomeTimes 😒 A Vowel Or… “Gym” Is Not A Word! (Tiny Note: I Like How The Bear Character Says “Coolbeans”)
Feb 22, 2021
Content activities are fine but music and character voices are for a 2 yr old. My six year old boy said it made him feel like a baby.
Feb 23, 2021
My 2 year old loves Khan Academy Kids and so do I! We both have fun while she’s learning and she looks forward to using the app every day. Thanks Khan Academy!
Feb 23, 2021