A Manual of Acupuncture – The Definitive App for Students & Practitioners
This is the latest mobile app (iPhone/iPad) version of the foremost points textbook in the Western world - A Manual of Acupuncture by Peter Deadman & Mazin Al-Khafaji, with Kevin Baker.
We hope you will enjoy the following features, available in the app and on our website after sign-up. Please note, listed below are the full ‘Pro’ membership features (available as an in-app purchase). 'Standard' level also available - full details of features for each level inside the app.
If you decide not to upgrade, you will have full 'Pro' access to everything for up to 7 days, followed by full access to the Lung channel and samples of other material.
• Complete re-build of our old app from the ground up.
• Every channel point and extraordinary point from A Manual of Acupuncture textbook, including extensive point commentary sections.
• English and Chinese point names, point category, location, location notes, detailed illustration, needling instructions and cautions, actions, clinical application and combinations.
• Each point includes Chinese tones, printed Chinese characters and calligraphy as well as audio of the Chinese pronunciation.
• Videos and commentary for every point showing location and needling technique.
• Videos of Primary Channel pathways and important surface anatomy.
• Illustrations for all primary, luo-connecting, divergent and sinew channels, the eight extraordinary vessels and the body area illustrations.
• All the main point categories (e.g. five shu points, xi-cleft points, back-shu points) for easy revision.
• Create your own point groups which you can use to tailor study and reference.
• Self-testing module to aid learning of points and point categories as well as self-created point groups.
• All points listed anywhere in the App are live links allowing easy browsing/reference.
• Add your own notes to any points field (e.g. location, location note, needling, actions, indications), channel pathways, and more.
• Sophisticated search function, allowing you to limit results to specific channels or fields within points (e.g. actions, indications etc.)
• Indexes (Point Names, Combinations, Indications, General Index), Glossary, and Chinese Dynasties.
• The 12 Cutaneous Regions and Areas Reached by the Channels.
• Reference pages including: functions of the channels, about point categories, cun measurements, location and needling guidelines and much more.
• Choose whether to download video/audio files for offline use (coming soon), or save space on your phone by streaming this material when needed.
• Access your material via our Online Edition website at no extra cost with the same login details (Pro level only)
I routinely use this app with other Chinese medicine apps. This app is the most expensive app and also is the one that gives me grief every time I open it as it always asks me to login. Problems that this causes:- can’t access the app I paid for when I don’t have signal- slows down accessing information- doesn’t leave you in the last place you were lookingWhen can you fix this, this has been going on for over a year...
Aug 25, 2020
I purchased this app after giving away my hard copy book to my acupuncturist. I quickly realized that I missed my book and decided to try out the app. I am so happy I did because it is so much more convenient to use and access information compared to the book. You will not find any more complete resource on acupuncture out there in terms of content and information. MOA is truly the holy grail on acupuncture. I also had quick support help from a log in issue I had for accessing the book online, which was fixed within a day. Great app, and great support! Would recommend for every professional acupuncturist and student of acupuncture.
Aug 10, 2020
As an acupuncture student on the go this app is imperative for learning. The videos are a great review for point location.
Sep 10, 2020