This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 5 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Remote Access chapter of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration or NGROK, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the shield icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
I am unable to flag alert clips via the app. I tried everything intuitive then went to help which says to hold down on the entry which I tried several more times. The app is far from free so I expect this functionality to work, thus low rating. This function works fine on my Android phone but I wanted access from my larger ipad.
Oct 16, 2020
That app has improved, and the settings mostly seem there, if not super straightforward to use. 2 requested features to make a 5 star app...1) ability to trigger a VPN connection on launch - think iOS can do this and would make this app easier to use, especially if could have some logic to know if it was on the same local network with BI infra or remote network2) please make an AppleTV app! (I would pay again for this feature)
Oct 05, 2020
This is the worst. Please go back. The slider selection for camera review barely works, making it impossible to find footage and the window that opens up will close if you slide your finger down ever so slightly.
Sep 22, 2020
After updating to this version I get a black screen on each camera. Tapping the screen and waiting about 5 seconds the video comes back.
Oct 12, 2020
Lots of useful new features in the latest updates. Looks good with dark mode too
Sep 23, 2020