A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
When there were no good podcasts app I downloaded downcast and never left. It’s a great product that seems like the developer is doing out of goodwill. I appreciate your product and thank you for still supporting it.
Oct 13, 2020
Found Downcast six years ago and never looked back, nothing else compares. One question tho’, I recently attempted to add a feed for the first time in years and could not. Search returned a connection error and the genre lists refuse to populate. Should I be concerned?
Oct 10, 2020
No other podcast app is more reliable or configurable. My queue currently contains 250 feeds, and approximately 20,000 downloaded episodes. Downcast handles all this data effortlessly and seamlessly. In short, Downcast is the only reason I continue to buy and use Apple products
Oct 06, 2020
Downcast has just never worked well for me. It acts like I don’t have WiFi or cell service when I have both. I’ll have enough WiFi to seamlessly be streaming TV then I’ll open Downcast and find that it struggles to update my podcast feed, and when I click to stream a podcast episode, it’ll take 30 seconds to be ready. I don’t have these issues with my other podcast app (or, in fact, any other apps at all), so I think the issue must be with Downcast.
Oct 17, 2020
Oct 17, 2020