The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch ◇ Offline Dictionary Compiled by Professional Linguists ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Loved by Millions
"Apps from Vidalingua are hugely popular... they're free and they work offline, handy when you're actually abroad." New York Times
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“This online dictionary is so comprehensive that it often contains words or idioms that I cannot find in my paperback dictionary. I am a retired language professor.”
“This app includes more reliable features than any of the others I’ve tried. The customer service people are great, very helpful.”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and websites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“This app helped me through my class for school. It’s great and has pronunciation, spelling, example sentences with words, etc. 10/10.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
French Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. It includes features you won’t find in any other app and it’s trusted by millions of users who have given it the highest rating average of any app in its category.
• French English Dictionary with over 753,000 offline entries. Includes numerous translations, usage examples,
part-of-speech, images, and gender for French nouns. Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
• Best verb conjugator of any app including 7,679 French verbs, 4,318 English verbs. 1,329,730 verb forms in all!
• Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
• Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
• Flashcards. Create study lists based on dictionary favorites.
• Offline pronunciation in French & English. Settings for speed and accent (France, Canada, US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
• iPad Split Screen support so you can drag & drop words from other apps into French Translator & Dictionary + to translate them.
• Apple Watch support with voice lookups so you can say a word and find translations quickly.
• Advanced voice recognition to enter words and phrases hands-free. Useful for practicing pronunciation.
• Helpful dictionary features such as single index search, reverse lookup and sharing entries with friends.
• Integrated access to Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other online sources for dictionary words.
• Dictionary word attachments for notes, images and audio clips.
• My Phrases section of phrasebook to add your own translations.
• Vidalingua Pro includes more dictionary examples, more verb forms, a bigger phrasebook and no ads. By upgrading, you’ll be supporting our team of linguists, developers and customer success partners who greatly appreciate your support!
“This is a really excellent dictionary. Easy to use, great conjugation tables and some great added features like voice input and word pronunciation.”
“This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
“I love this app so much! It is a complete package for finding almost anything starting from words to phrases.”
At Vidalingua, we consider every user a partner to help us make the best app in the world for learning French.
Download French Dictionary + for free and start learning today!
I would love to see more slang. There are some verbs that are maddeningly without definitions only with their conjugations. Please find and fix. I use this app daily.
Apr 25, 2021
This dictionary isn’t as complete as some, but it’s fast and easy to find most words. I highly recommend it for students of French.
May 09, 2021