iMIDIPatchbay lets you organize your whole MIDI setup from one central point. Do you often divide your keyboards into zones to assign different sounds which might come from external sound expanders? Do you need to send Program Changes to your MIDI equipment? Do you want to integrate your music making apps into your live gear? Well, then iMIDIPatchbay is definitely the right tool for you!
LIST OF FEATURES
- Create split and layer configurations very easily
- Support for up to 4 master keyboards (In-App Purchase)
- Send volume and other control changes (reverb, chorus, pan) to your sound devices
- Send Program Changes to your sound devices
- Transpose sounds in octave steps
- Transpose the hole rig in half-tone steps
- Filter controller data (sustain, pitch-bend, modulation, expression, aftertouch)
- Store configurations as songs for later recall
- Switch song of iMIDIPatchbay from another app or MIDI device via Program Changes
- Switch songs while holding down keys or holding e.g. the sustain pedal without getting stuck notes
- Play all your sounds even if you don't have all your master keyboards with you: "master switches" allow you to make another master act as a substitute for it (advanced feature!)
- Create setlists to arrange songs for your performances (In-App Purchase)
- Link multiple PDF documents (e.g. sheet music or notes) from Dropbox to each song (In-App Purchase)
- Backup settings to Dropbox
- UI which is optimized for live usage
WHAT EXACTLY CAN I DO WITH iMIDIPatchbay?
As a keyboard player, you most probably know about splitting and layering sounds. While this can be done relatively easy on professional keyboards, it becomes more complex if your gear consists of multiple keyboards and sound expanders. iMIDIPatchbay makes building such configurations a lot easier than it has ever been before.
After connecting your keyboards and other MIDI devices to the iPad, you can easily create split zones and assign sounds of your MIDI devices to them. It's also possible to route the MIDI data to other apps if they have a virtual MIDI port. Furthermore, you can filter out controllers which is great if you want e.g. pitch bend or sustain to affect only a subset of the active sounds.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
You need a CoreMIDI interface to connect your keyboards and sound expanders to the iPad.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Go to iMIDIPatchbay's website in order to find a more detailed description of the app. If you encounter problems, please let me help you (you find the mail address on the website and on the info screen within the app). Please note that there is no way to respond to you if you post a review on the App Store instead. Always email me first!
If you like the app, let others know by submitting a good review on the App Store. And feel free to send me suggestions for further releases.