iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions or talk with students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including worksheets, links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and check off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalog of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books, and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, and more
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
Feature placements are determined by the app stores and help users to discover new and popular apps. Knowing when and where an app is being Featured can explain a sudden boost in popularity and downloads. App Annie tracks all the different Feature placements for any app, day, country, category and device.
Also featured in 154 other countries, and probably even more in the past.
I am so tired of this app and allows the different types of things people have to download in order to use anything I am not good with this technology
Apr 21, 2021
This app is great. It lets you take free courses from the comfort of your own home at your own pace. It’s great, but my daughter wants to learn Greek. Her and I looked on this app, and couldn’t find anything she could understand. It really needs more courses for kids.
Mar 25, 2021
Mar 20, 2021
So since apple is very picky apparently you can’t rate the real iTunes app. So I’ll leave my review here. There is no clear way of how to download songs from getting a new computer to link to your iPhone that was linked to your iTunes on your old computer... to then put it onto your new computer which will not upload your original iTunes account. The only option is to DELETE everything on your iPhone to then put what little music you have on your new computer onto your iPhone. There should be an easier way to do this rather than go through ALL of my thousands of songs on my CDS and FLASH DRIVES to re download them onto iTunes and merely HOPE that when I sync and it DELETS everything on my iPhone that it actually re bring all of my songs back on with the ten new songs I want. Good job apple.
Apr 07, 2021
I’m afraid this app will get removed with iTunes Store
May 01, 2021