Litterati is an app that is empowering individuals to make a significant, measurable impact on the environment.
Far more than just picking up litter, the worldwide community of Litterati users are building the most powerful crowd-sourced set of data on litter ever assembled.
This data is being used to:
* Help cities better utilize their waste management services
* Convince companies to change their operations to be more sustainable
* Arm individuals and organizations with proof to create government policy changes
Litterati also shows you the map of your personal positive impact on the environment
You can join global cleanup challenges as well as create challenges in your community where your friends, family, neighbors, school system, or co-workers can join together to make your area healthy, clean, & beautiful.
This planet that we call home is a big place to keep clean. We all need to play our part.
Here is how the Litterati app works....
When you see a piece of litter on the ground:
(1) Take a photo of it through the camera in the Litterati App
(we call this a LitterPic)
(2) Litterati will automatically geo-tag the photo for you so that the litter is accurately captured
(3) Our LitterAI tool will automatically assess what the litter is by adding "tags" to each LitterPic. This is to accurately categorize each piece of litter.
You can also upload the photos to the Litterati database directly from your phone's photo gallery as well if you'd prefer.
Once you've taken your first LitterPic, you can begin to track your personal impact as well as the total impact of the Litterati community
Join the global Litterati community today to be a part of over 150,000 people in over 117 countries around the world in the combined effort to clean up our planet!
Update: on 1/12/21, received response from developer and they said posts are not deleted on Facebook. I posted again and the post was quickly taken down and deleted. I am so disappointed with this app. I wanted our Girl Scout troop to use it for their service project of cleaning up the environment. You have to take a picture of every single piece of trash and upload it. This is insane. You spend more time taking pictures and uploading them rather than picking up trash. I posted this issue on the Litterati Facebook page and they deleted my post without responding. So terrible! I would not download this app and frustrate your friends and family that are legitimately trying to clean up their environment.
Jan 11, 2021
When trying to upload more than a few photos, it takes forever if not never uploading them.
Feb 26, 2021