This guide to the marine fish of Southern Africa is a comprehensive study of the species likely to be encountered in the waters of the region. It features nearly 250 species with multiple hi-res images for most. Also included is descriptive species text, distribution maps, current fishing regulations and a fish weight calculator.
• Hi-res zoomable images and detailed text descriptions for the 249 species.
• Length/Weight calculator that can be used by anglers who release their fish but want to know what its weight was. Simply measure the fish before releasing and enter this measurement for the approximate weight.
• “Compare” allows you to compare two species on the same screen.
• Species lists in English, Afrikaans or Scientific names.
• A Fish ID (Smart Search) that allows you to easily find a species by selecting attributes eg. Skin Type, Mouth Type, Tail Shape etc.
• A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device that can then be exported through email.
While we have tried to ensure that the information provided is as accurate as possible, there will inevitably be some mistakes. In addition, names, information and fishing regulations change. We will do our best to keep the App updated from time to time. Please contact us if you find any mistakes or information that requires updating.
*Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own master list separate from the program.